The latest plans on the portal show that there will be a Hoggin roadway with two parking slots for the new allotments planned for construction in May / June 2019 (see picture above)..
- 29 Nov 2018 SUPERSEDED – HARD SURFACING 2 OF 7
This just had the hoggin 2m wide footpath down to the allotments.
- 14 Dec 2018 NEW DETAILS – DRAFT ALLOTMENT ACCESS PLAN
This shows the hoggin footpath widened to 3m for vehicle access to allotments but isn’t an official drawing. Also it hasn’t been superseded?
- 02 Jan 2019 NEW DETAILS – HARD SURFACING 2 OF 7
This shows the 3m wide vehicle access to allotments, ‘hugging’ the edge of the POS area and may clash with current fence positions.
What do we think of this? I think it’s yet another ill thought out execution on this development. What do you think?
- Hoggin is not sustainable and will quickly rut with vehicles driving down there (will be an ideal road for the Ariel Nomad).
- People will not respect the parking slots and consequently park on the grass.
- If we are talking of eco-allotments why do cars even need to gain access to the allotments, in this day and age people should find alternatives, such as shank’s pony?