Gloucestershire County Council’s cabinet has approved the proposed annual budget for 19/20 and now it’s time for you to have your say!
We are asking residents to give us feedback on next year’s budget proposals which focus on vulnerable children and adults, as well as better roads in Gloucestershire.
The budget includes proposals for:
- £44.5m for schools – including £3.4m towards Leckhampton School, £1.8m towards Barnwood Park, £1.7m towards Fairford Primary, £1m towards The John Moore Primary School and £9.8m of £30m needed for the new secondary school in Cheltenham
- £5.58m Disabled Facilities Grant to deliver adaptations to homes to support people living independently
- £57.67m towards highways schemes, including £6.9m pothole action fund, £3.99m towards improvements on the A419, and £2.6m towards Cross Keys roundabout improvement scheme
£1.32m into the Fastershire broadband programme
- £2.4m for Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service, including £1.2m for fire appliances and equipment and £300k for personal protection equipment
- £1.12m to upgrade Household Recycling Centres equipment and facilities
- The budget also allocates funding for the second year of a three year £30k commitment per councillor to allow each councillor to make community based investments. All budget proposals and recommended council tax levels are subject to the final decision of Full Council on 13 February 2019.You can read more information about our budget proposals on our website here http://gloucestershire.gov.uk/mtfs
You can take part in our survey and give us feedback on our proposals here:
The consultation will be open until 5pm on the 21st January 2019.