A very informative website. They have some worthwhile documents on this site and a book explaining how LOCAL COUNCILS should work – worthy of any councillors money.
All the publications below can be found on this page.
- Governance and Accountability with Appendix
- How to shape where you live
- It Takes All Sorts
- All About Local Councils
- How To Respond To Planning Applications
- Good Councillors Guide-2016
- Local Government Transparency Code 2015
Local Councils EXPLAINED is NALC’s new book about local councils. With over 200 pages, it provides an easy to read narrative about the role of local (parish and town) councils, their councillors and officers and how they work. There is comprehensive and practical guidance about the legal issues that local councils are exposed to.
Member rate: £49.99 + P&P
CALC rate: £39.99 + P&P
Non-member: £59.99 +P&P