Parish Councils Achievements in 25 months!
The Parish Council began with three unelected members in May 2015; Brian Hanks, Caroline Maclean and Dawn Laird.
They recruited a Clerk, Debbie Hill and 4 people were co-opted. Hans Ziebeck, Andrew Maclean, David Arnold and Jason Corban and it appeared progress was being made.
Today, it consists of Brian Hanks, David Arnold and Dawn Laird, as the others have resigned for their own reasons. Furthermore, there is speculation on Facebook as to whether Debbie Hill is still the RFO, (only because the posted information on URPC is no longer in her name – it maybe because her log-in has been temporarily hijacked).
If she is not, it can only because her position is untenable. The history of the core club has systematically destroyed various incarnations of councils over many years and for what reason? Their lack of achievements speak for themselves.
- Village Hall handed over to the Trust (timeline 25 months).
- 3 picknick benches.
- 1 Defibrillator (already organised by previous council).
- Termination of employment of the Parish Clerk (according to FB).
- Tree Maintenance (money allocated – no action).
- Youth Shelter (money allocated).
- Floral beds adjacent to village signs (money allocated).
- No participation with Developers.
Where do we go from here?
- Co-option. I know that that one of the volunteers for Co-Option, sent the application into URPC over 2 months ago, and yet the process has not been completed. It has taken longer than the Government with the General election.
With a strong council of offering differing abilities, the council should go forward and improve our village. The council should support the clerk, Debbie Hill who, given the opportunity will do a fantastic job for the village.
There could be light at the end of the tunnel if the CLUB is dismantled and reformed as a COUNCIL.