What: Parish Council Meeting
Date: 10 Oct 2018
Where: Village Hall
Youtube Video of the Meeting: TBD
Extracts from the above, I feel need to make a minor comment:
Banking and Investments:
- To consider adopting a Treasury Management Strategy for 2018-19.
- To consider opening an investment account in accordance with the strategy.
My comment: Investment accounts with more than £100,000 for a small village parish council are ridiculous and unforgivable The purpose of the precept is to use it for village amenities, not behave like an investment bank.
- To authorise expenditure of up to £500 to purchase spring bulbs to plant around the village.
- To consider and agree the area(s) to be planted with spring bulbs, and
- To seek volunteers to help with planting, and appoint a lead co-ordinator.
My comment: I have volunteered to plant the bulbs at least twice this year and once last year, yet again they are asking for volunteers! WHY?
Plus, if they delay much longer, this year planting period will be missed again. Any area that will be planted needs preparing first. Any other volunteers, please let URPC know.