Parish Council Meeting – 11 Oct ’17
Parish Council Meeting – 11 Oct ’17 at 19:30.
Yet another meeting without a clerk and yet another that has a PRIVATE SESSION.
Some Agenda items worthy of discussion.
I think the worst offence is the use of American English on the spell check – I am insulted living in the UK it should be English – English. Words spelt wrong: Neighbourhood and Authorise – corrected here 🙂
10. Title Number GR188628 (Grainger Land):
At long last and over 2 years late – the council if they can agree, will own this land – GR188628.
12. Neighbourhood Development Plan: To receive a report from Cllr Peek and agree any future actions.
Be an interesting report.
13. Village Hall:
(i) Lightning Protection System Test – To receive the Lightning Protection Test report and agree any remedial actions necessary.
Why has URPC requested a report, is this a tenants responsibility? Or is it the landlord responsibility to protect his building?
16. Jubilee Garden: To agree to extend the existing WODC contract to include maintenance of the borders.
Good idea, it does needs to be maintained, but it actually needs expenditure on plants / shrubs / trees.
17. Spring Bulbs:
(i) To authorise expenditure of up to £500 to purchase spring bulbs to plant around the village.
Good idea – especially around the signs entering the village.
18. Trees: To authorise the re-commencement of abandoned tree works.
The title says it all – but no explanation of why it stopped in the first place. A DISGRACEFUL way to treat the villagers, especially where the trees are a major problem to individual homes.
19. Litter Pick: To agree a date to litter pick in the village and agree any actions necessary.
Two years late – but without the input of a villager we wouldn’t be this far – well done Helen Lucey. I would be most surprised if any of the longest serving councillors would dirty their hands on a litter pick, but I know the newer ones might. 🙂
20. Letter of Concern re: Linden/Bovis Development: To approve a letter and agree list of recipients.
Again two years too late – this Council over the last two years has taken no interest in the development at all. Too little – very much too late.
Instant observations on Payments list:
- Good to see that the vllage has acquired table tennis tables for the Sports Committee. Would be beneficial if URPC listed on their website who the Committee Members are.
- Expenses for D.laird – TBA – must be Dawns idea of humour.
- Why is URPC paying for a Lightning Protection Test (see above)?
- Clerk Admin Support for £763.60 – how many hours is this?