We know that LinBo want to have all plans passed by August so that they can complete the POS application
We are led to believe that the plans will adopt 99% of the 2013 S106 proposal, which would be a very satisfying result. However, we do need answers regarding the problems identified below with a positive resolution:
- Is there any contamination in the BUNDS?
- The Bunds require their elevations to be reduced as per the proposed plans.
- The Bunds are constructed of building site waste material directly deposited on to aircraft Aprons constructed of very thick tarmac and concrete – is their sufficient drainage? The Rissington River post may prove otherwise.
- Is there contamination from Aviation fuel tanks that may still be in place below South Field?
- What is in the artificial and stupidly elevated South Field? It should be lowered to be in keeping with the surrounding elevations in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Several home owners adjacent to where Hangar 80 was located are having difficulty with their gardens as their garden top soil was deposited directly on top of tarmac which was not remediated.
Currently, we do not have a date when the UR Community Liaison Group is going to meet again. What is clear is that URCLG is not working.
Lets identify a problem or two. The Parish Councillor Marck Buffrey has resigned (will another councillor step up to the plate?). David Oliver, the resident representative is married to someone who sits on the Bovis Homebuyers Panel who believes there are no problems with the new housing at UR, is this a conflict of interest? Margaret Flint is not a contamination expert. The District Councillor Mark MacKenzie-Charrington does not appear to want to support the village. In short the village representation is weakened and the house builder supported from unexpected corners is achieving their objectives without remediation.
Please comment on the above and I will happily amend if the facts are incorrect.
- Chairman – Philippa Lowe, Head of Planning and Strategic Housing
- Member of Parliament – Sir Geoffrey Clifton-Brown
- Planning – Deborah Smith, Team Leader Development Management
- Developer – Representative(s) of Bovis Homes
- Developer – Representative(s) of Linden Homes
Parish Councillor – Marc Buffery
- Parish Councillor – Martin Johnstone
- Resident – Margaret Flint
- Resident – David Oliver
- County Councillor – Nigel Moor
- District Councillor – Mark MacKenzie-Charrington