Gloucester County Council Press Release – 01.09.2017
On behalf of Gloucestershire County Council, our contractors will be cutting back verges along dual carriageways across the county throughout September.
Crews will be undertaking cuts to verges along various busy high speed roads in Gloucestershire to improve visibility for drivers.
These roads will all be dual carriageways and will require lane closures when the work is being carried out.
During the verge cuts teams will also use the opportunity to perform any additional maintenance such as litter picking, sweeping and gulley emptying.
Lane closures will take place sometime between 9:30am-15:30pm along the following routes:
- Tewkesbury Road: 4th September 2017
- A40 Slips to GCHQ: 5th & 6th September 2017
- Coombe Hill: 7th September 2017
- A48: 8th & 11th September 2017
- A417 Elmbridge Court to Zooms Court: 12th September 2017
- Zooms Court: 12th September 2017
- Brockworth to Shurdington: 13th September 2017
- Hardwicke: 14th September 2017
- A38: 15th & 18th September 2017
- Ebley Bypass Dual Carriageway: 19th September 2017
- A429 Cirencester Dual Carriageway: 20th – 22nd September 2017
- A40 Andoversford to Shipton Oliffe: 25th & 26th September 2017
Lane closure and road work signs will be in place on all routes. Advanced signs will be in place along the A40 to prepare drivers for any disruption to traffic.