There are 11 council seats on the Parish Council of which there are currently 6 seats filled. Ordinary local council elections take place every four years.
Vacancies that occur between ordinary elections can be filled by election, if residents ask for an election, or co-option.
Interested in being a councillor?
Councillors must be:
- Aged 18 or over;
- A citizen of the UK, Commonwealth, EU or Ireland;
- On the electoral roll, or reside in the parish, or own land or work in or within 3 miles of the parish;
- Not disqualified from holding public office.
- Be able to attend regular evening meetings (one meeting per month plus others as required);
- Be interested in local issues, preferably not just a single issue;
- Have an understanding and willingness to represent the views of the whole community; and
- Have a willingness to be a professional and effective councillor.
Please contact the council if you would like to find out more about being a councillor and working for your community.
Below are three documents that describe the work of parish councils that we hope you will find useful.Good-Councillors-Guide-2018