Burglary increases when the clocks go back; here’s what you can do:
There’s not long left until the clocks go back on Sunday the 29 October. Download our anti-burglary checklist to see what steps you can take to help protect your home from burglary: www.bit.ly/burglarycheck
What you can do right now to help protect your home:
- Use timer switches to turn on lights early in the evening.
- Keep your front and back doors locked; even when you’re home.
- Remove tools, equipment and items from your gardens that could be used to get into your home.
- Keep any gates locked and move your wheelie bin away from them.
- Avoid posting where you are online when you’re not at home.
Burglars look for quick and easy targets, often choosing to burgle homes in Gloucestershire between 3pm and 8pm on weekdays. A cheap and simple timer switch could make all the difference in stopping a burglar from choosing your home.If you visit one of our engagement vehicle events and sign up for our new Your Community Alerts service, with a PCSO, we will give you a free timer switch.
For more tips, the location of our engagement vehicle events, and to download our anti-burglary checklist visit: www.bit.ly/burglarycheck
Help us make your community safer: you can also help us improve our intelligence and make your community safer by reporting people you suspect of burglary or, who handle stolen goods, through our new website form: www.bit.ly/reportburglars