Added: 11 April 2019
Update Stolen Silver Ford Focus – Windrush Area
- Gloucestershire police incident 176 11/04/19-Update
The Stolen Silver Ford Focus on stolen number plates – GF60 WPU was spotted by police in the National Trust Car Park at Sherborne. Police tried to box it in but were rammed. The vehicle escaped and had a punctured tyre. Police followed the car Through Windrush to Little Barrington where the single male occupant ran from the vehicle.
A police dog tracked the male and the police helicopter was also in attendance. Unfortunately the male managed to steal a Black VW Passat registration KY10 ZYK in the village , where the keys had been left in the unattended vehicle. Until the vehicle had been reported stolen police were unaware the male had escaped.
The Passat was last recorded going in Thames valley Police area.
Police would like to thank local community alert users who supplied vital information to locate the vehicle.
It is very unfortunate the offender made his escape in another stolen vehicle.
Police would like to remind the public not to leave cars insecure with the keys and not to leave cars anywhere with any valuables items on show.
Many thanks, PC 2201 Nick Westmacott, Stow Neighbourhood Police Team
Vehicle On Stolen Number Plates – Windrush Area
- Gloucestershire police incident 108 11/04/19
A silver Ford Focus with silver alloy wheels registration GF60 WPU is currently active in the Cotswolds.
The vehicle is targeting cars in rural locations where items in the cars are being stolen.
Anyone who sees this car please report immediately to police via 999.
Many thanks, PC 2201 Nick Westmacott, Stow Neighbourhood Policing Team
Added: 10 April 2019
Vehicles Entered And Tools Stolen
Overnight on Tuesday 9th April 2019three locations have had tools stolen.
- Incident 46 10/04/19 Lower Leamington Moreton-in-Marsh – Vehicle entered and tools stolen
- Incident 64 10/04/19 Windrush – Vehicle entered and tools stolen
- Incident 55 10/04/18 Wyck Rissington – John Deer Gator stolen registration OU16 TDO stolen along with tools.
Police are aware of the increase in these type of thefts and recommend owners of valuable tools and plant to consider installing CCTV to deter these high value thefts.
Anyone with any information is asked to call 101 quoting the incident numbers above.
Many thanks, PC 2201 Nick Westmacott, Stow neighbourhood Policing Team
Added: 8 April 2019
Police have received the following reports:
- Inc. 443 05/04/19 – Ebrington theft from vehicle with trailer and tools stolen
- Inc. 503 05/04/19 – Sherborne theft from vehicle parked in NT car park, hand bag stolen
- Inc. 100 07/04/19 – Northleach theft of a grey Mitsubishi L200 registration WR57 GUW, vehicle contained tools. Stolen with keys.
- Inc. 102 07/04/19 – Ebrington theft of two vehicles Blue BMW M140 registration LJ67 XVX and a Grey Audi A3 sport registration KS58 AXP both stolen with keys in burglary
- Inc. 163 07/04/19 – Northleach theft from vehicle tools stolen
- Inc. 182 07/04/19 – Northleach theft from vehicle tools stolen
Police are advising residents not to leave valuables in vehicles either at isolated car parks of outside their homes. Vehicles have been mainly targeted for tool thefts that cost the owner thousands of pounds to replace.
Also high powered vehicles are being stolen by organised crime groups to use in further crime. Police are advising that keys are not left on show in homes near to where cars are parked on driveways. It is best to either buy a key protection bag for keyless entry cars (available from police stations) or hide the keys.
This is an unusually high number of incidents over the past weekend.
Many thanks, PC 2201 Nick Westmacott Stow Neighbourhood Policing Team